Champions League and Valentine outing: I hope she understands that I can’t miss this match.


I have been trying to explain to her what this match means to me, but she will always find a way to compare the match and herself, a man writes. I love you, above all things, including the match, but this is a different situation. This match will only take 90mins out of the whole time I have in this world, 100mins tops, and I will be all yours again. These kinds of fixture only happen once in a lifetime, if you are lucky twice. Valentines happen yearly, and I love you every day.

Can’t you forfeit the game this time and watch the replay later? , she asked. I wish somebody could explain this situation to her, I can forfeit the match of course, but that 90mins of the game will be the most horrible minutes you would be with me, because I will be distracted. And replays are for kids, how can you sit and be watching a fight you have already known the result?

Moreover, this fixture was made in heaven, and I don’t want to be found wanting when the discussions will be made in the office tomorrow morning, even my ancestors will be angry with me, that’s to show you how important the game is. And of course, I would want to tell the story of what will happen in this fixture to my grandchildren someday, and nothing suits better than telling a story first hand.

Please spare me this day, and I’ll make it up to you later, you know I always do.
Thanks for understanding.

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »