The Walking Dead cast: Star demanded to be KILLED OFF 'I don't want to do this anymore'


Jeffrey DeMunn, who starred as Dale Horvath, asked showrunners if he could be killed off during the second run of the series.

He was one of the original six characters to appear in The Walking Dead premiere along with Rick Grimes (played by Andrew Lincoln) and Morgan Jones (Lennie James).

Unfortunately he didn’t last very long in the post-apocalyptic world as he was disemboweled by a walker in series two.

Now, Jeffrey has revealed it was his decision for Dale to be killed after he learned that executive producer Frank Darabont was fired from the show in 2011.

“Dale’s death was my decision,” the actor told Cleveland.com.

“I was furious about how Frank was pushed out of the show.

“I spent a week not being able to take a full breath. And then I realised, ‘Oh, I can quit.’”

Jeffrey went on to add: “So I called them and said, ‘It’s a zombie show. Kill me. I don’t want to do this any more.’





Speaking to press including Express.co.uk, Tom dished: “Well, you have the script for the episode but actually, some of the actors who aren’t regulars don’t get the scripts for the episode and just get their scenes so that’s pretty tough.

“When I joined the show I had to beg for a schedule… like, when am I shooting these scenes? They’re very secretive about all that kind of stuff.

“That can be quite frustrating at time but it is from episode to episode. We don’t get told where we are going to be at the beginning.”

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »